This Merrimack Sweetheart Watermelon Heirloom Seeds is very rare and comes from parent plants grown in the Southeast and has a high sugar content making for a refreshing slushy or pop-cycle when frozen.
Because seed for this sugar baby watermelon is so rare, we recommend using the watermelon flesh in a fruit salad or as a snack and collect the abundant watermelon juice for making healthy popsicle snacks (see attached pic as example) then save the seeds to share with gardening friends.
• Very Rare Heirloom Watermelon Variety
• Grown using organic growing practices on our farm
• Grow outside, full sun, during the warm season (nightly temps above 65ºF). Plant 1" deep and space 12" apart.
• Seed has been tested for ideal germination
• Open Field and Hand Pollinated (No other watermelons were grown within ISO distance during this plant's growing season.)
• 85 Days to Maturation
• Approximately 10 seeds p/packet
Grow your health gardening and cool off with this wonderful sugar baby watermelon!