Our Jalapeño Pepper seed has been adapted generation after generation to hydroponic / aeroponic growing conditions in the Southeast growing region. Our Jalapeño Peppers have been adapted to grow in high humidity and heat. Adapted seed means stronger more prolific plants and success in meeting your growing needs if you have a Tower Garden FLEX or Farm Stand hydroponic vertical garden growing system. We recommend providing your peppers with some sort of support to lean against like the Tower Garden FLEX Support Cage (if you're growing with a Tower Garden FLEX Growing System).
If you live in the SE, we do recommend providing 30% shade for your Jalapeño Pepper plants in the hottest months while green foliage is still growing the plant. When temps begin to back off of the heat index, with proper nutrients in your hydroponic / aeroponic growing system, you'll see a flush of flowering and fruit set and be rewarded with a bounty of Jalapeño Pepper bounty!
We particularily love to make Christmas Jalapeño Pepper Jelly with this variety to give as gifts during the holidays!
Q: What does "Hydroponic Seeds" in the product description mean? [Answer]
• Heirloom Hot Pepper Variety
• Hydroponic-Adapted Seed:
Recommended for Hydroponic | Aeroponic | Aquaponic growing conditions
• Grown using organic growing practices on our farm
• Hydroponic Growers: Plant 1 seed p/ 1.5” rock wool cube
• Grow outside, full sun, during the warm season (nightly temps above 65ºF).
• Can be grown inside under grow lights (with temps above 70ºF)
• Seed has been tested for ideal germination
• Open Field and Hand Pollinated
• 75 Days to Maturity
• Approx. 12 seeds p/packet
Grow your health gardening and add spice to your daily dishes and canning with these Jalapeños!