If you like heat, this Sugar Rush Peach Pepper is for you! You will be rewarded by this chili variety with many a hot pepper. The Sugar Rush Peach Pepper's Scoville Rating puts it between a Jalapeño and Habanero pepper. We think you'll love the heat and this productive plant!
Scoville Heat Units (SHU): 50,000 – 100,000
Diameter: 0.5 – 1 inch
Length: 3 – 6 inches
Color: Light Orange/Peach
Species: Capsicum baccatum
This particular Sugar Rush Peach Pepper seed has adapted to grow in a hydroponic system which will mean a stronger and healthier plant if you grow it in hydroponic, aeroponic, or aquaponic system like the Tower Garden FLEX. It is a warm season plant, so do not transplant into your growing season until nightly temps are above 65ºF. Baccatum peppers can grow very tall, but our parent plant to this seed grew to about 3' in height. You will need to be prepared to offer some sort of support for the limbs heavy-laden with peppers to lean upon.
We made a peach pepper sauce with our harvest and it was amazing on pork and chicken dishes especially! We recommend also pickling them or dicing and adding to soups to add a kick. (Warning: respect the heat and be sure to wear eye protection and gloves when slicing these bad-boys and wash your hands well thereafter!) Remove the inner placenta and seeds before cooking to reduce spiciness.
Q: What does "Hydroponic Seeds" in the product description mean? [Answer]
• Heirloom Hot Pepper Variety
• Hydroponic-Adapted Seed:
Recommended for Hydroponic | Aeroponic | Aquaponic growing conditions
• Grown using organic growing practices on our farm
• Hydroponic Growers: Plant 1 seed p/ 1.5” rock wool cube
• Grow outside, full sun, during the warm season (nightly temps above 65ºF)
• Can be grown inside under grow lights (with temps above 70ºF)
• Seed has been tested for ideal germination
• Open Field and Hand Pollinated
• 90-120 Days to Maturation
• Approx. 12 seeds p/packet
Grow your health gardening and spice up your life with these heat-loving peppers!