Our Jericho Hydroponic Lettuce Heirloom Seeds comes from a genetic line that has been grown in the Southeast under hot and humid conditions. This variety was originally bred to grow in the deserts of Israel and is bolt resistant while remaining crisp and sweet in hotter weather. This cos type provides a large, dense head. It is resistant to downy and powdery mildew and lettuce mosaic virus.
This particular Jericho Lettuce Seed has adapted to grow in a hydroponic system which will mean a stronger and healthier plant if you grow it in hydroponic, aeroponic, or aquaponic system like the Tower Garden FLEX. This Jericho Lettuce can be grown indoors under grow lights or outdoors during the cool season (nights above 45ºF and daytime temps between 60ºF and 70ºF ideal) for optimum growth.
Q: What does "Hydroponic Seeds" in the product description mean? [Answer]
• Hydroponic-Adapted Seed:
Recommended for Hydroponic | Aeroponic | Aquaponic growing conditions
• Grown using organic growing practices on our farm
• Hydroponic Growers: Plant 1 seed p/ 1.5” rock wool cube
• Grow outside, full sun, during the cool season (nightly temps above 50ºF)
May begin to bolt (go to seed) when temps go above 85ºF
• Can be grown inside under grow lights (temps above 50ºF)
• Seed has been tested for ideal germination
• Open Field
• 60 Days to Maturation
• Approximately 50 seeds p/packet
Grow your health gardening and enjoy your salads with Jericho Lettuce!